Just because we’re stuck at home doesn’t mean we can’t have great wholesome food. Granola is a staple at our home because it’s nutritious and very easy to make. Easier than making a cake!
3 cups of rolled oats
1 cup of barley flakes
1 cup of slivered almonds (or any nuts of your choice)
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of coconut (desiccated or flakes)
1/2 cup of chopped dried fruit or cacao nibs
1) Preheat oven to 150C and line a tray of baking sheet. Set aside.
2) Mix the dry ingredients together in a big bowl
3) In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients together, stir well.
4) Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients, stir well.
5) Pour the mixture onto the lined tray and spread out evenly
6) Bake for 20mins
7) Mix the mixture around on the tray, add the coconut and bake for another 5 mins
8) Take out of oven, mixture will be soft at first but will smell good like cooked biscuits. Leave to cool and it will harden up.
9) Serve with yogurt and/or orange juice, and top with the dried coconuts or cacao nibs
Let us know how you go!